What is RADIESSE®?
RADIESSE® is a dermal filler that temporarily adds volume to help smooth moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds (the creases that extend from the corner of your nose to the corner of your mouth).
RADIESSE® is made of tiny calcium-based microspheres suspended in a water-based gel. The calcium microspheres are similar to minerals found naturally in the body so allergy testing is not required. Over time, the body absorbs the microspheres and gel, leaving behind only natural collagen.
Once injected, RADIESSE® plumps the skin to give the appearance of a smoother surface. Over time, RADIESSE® works to stimulate the body to produce collagen naturally. Ultimately the body absorbs the product and leaves behind the natural collagen for long-lasting results.
RADIESSE® can be injected in the following locations*:
- Smile lines: also called the nasolabial folds, are the lines that run from the corners of the nose to the corners of the mouth
- Marionette lines: the lines that run downward from the corners of the mouth
- Corners of the mouth: also called the oral commissure, if these are turned downward it can make you look as though you’re frowning
- Pre-jowl fold: the area on either side of the chin, where skin can sag due to loss of facial volume
- Chin wrinkles: horizontal lines that can form on your chin and distract from your smile
*RADIESSE® is FDA-approved for correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
What makes RADIESSE® different from other leading dermal fillers?
RADIESSE® is the only dermal filler available composed of calcium-based microspheres, and has been shown to stimulate the natural production of collagen, for results that may last up to a year or more in many patients. Additionally, in clinical studies with leading hyaluronic acid injectable dermal fillers, results showed that RADIESSE® patients were more satisfied with their results than patients treated with other leading wrinkle fillers. In addition, 30% less RADIESSE® may be needed for correction when compared to Perlane® injectable gel.