Skin rashes occur due to multiple varied reasons including:
- Infectious causes (bacterial, viral, parasitic and fungal infections)
- Drug hypersensitivity reactions
- Allergic and irritant contact dermatitis
- Autoimmune conditions
- Reactive (id reactions, lichen planus, sarcoidosis, granuloma annulare, pytiriasis rosae, pytiriasis rubra pilaris)
- Paraneoplastic conditions (palmoplantar keratoderma, necrobiotic xanthogranuloma, gyrate erythemas, erythroderma)
- Insect bites
- Urticaria (hives)
Our diagnostic and therapeutic approach will be based on the following:
- Careful history taking and review of medications and potential triggers
- Blood work when required
- Skin biopsy when required
- Patch testing for allergies when required
At Houston Dermatology and Plastic Surgery, we are capable of managing complex medical conditions of the skin and their therapeutic interventions. We work in close collaboration with physicians of multiple specialties to provide you with the best possible care.
Call our office to schedule your consultation today!